Honey is the greatest ingredient recipe made by bees, flowers, and Mother Nature itself.The uses of honey for skin and hair are since ages, it is a remedy for immortality, health, and well-being. Natural honey has widespread healing properties.
Honey has its own importance in Ayurveda, in Charak, the ancient sage of Ayurveda it is said that if honey is consumed regularly can balance Ama (toxic matter in the body) which is responsible for the root cause of most illnesses.
The US National Institute of Health confirms its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and other properties. That is why manufacturers of cosmetics actively add honey extracts to their products because it can accelerate the healing of burns and wounds, and fight acne and wrinkles. If your skin or hair is far from perfection you can try to reanimate it with honey.
Honey Moisturizing & Nourishing Facial Mask
Honey has many beneficial qualities, one of which is moisturizing. The skin of any type and at any stage needs to be moisturized.
Water is one of the main factors responsible for the beauty and health of the skin. If moisture is not enough, the production of collagen and elastin decreases.
It may results in the skin losing its flexibility and fluidity, and most importantly it becomes helpless against the aggressive influence of the external environment.
These changes may cause them to look old at a young age. That is why it is very important to moisturize the epidermis regularly, and honey is managed with this task perfectly well.
The easiest option is to simply apply the honey to cleansed face and leave it for a while. Wash off the mask with warm water, wipe the face with toner, and apply a moisturizer.
If you want to encounter the task of obtaining a more pronounced effect, then you can prepare such a composition:
- Mix honey and olive oil in equal rations and heat it.
- Add the raw chicken egg yolk.
- Apply the mask to your face and leave it for 20 minutes.
Facial Care With A Gentle Exfoliating Scrub
It is impossible to imagine skin care without regular cleaning. It just needs to be done, because in this way, you can help the epidermis to remain moisturized and get rid of dead skin scales, along with chemical and biological pathogens.
The use of scrub availed in the market should be done 2 times a week to be more potential but it is in the form of acid and other peels so it is best to use it under the guidance of a professional cosmetologist.
However, if you have honey on hand, you can do the exfoliation procedure with your own hands without fear of harming your skin. Honey itself can produce a gentle exfoliating peeling.
- Simply apply honey on the face and begin to perform a massage with a clapping motion. You will understand when you need to stop, you will feel uneasiness, and the honey will turn white.
- Alternatively, you can make a scrub of honey and sea salt and use it in a familiar way, working through the surface of the face in a circular motion.
Honey Treatment for Dryness and Cracks
The feeling of tightness, itching, and flaking on the skin is familiar to many. Someone faces such an unpleasant phenomenon only in the cold season when the skin is exposed to wind and frost, and in the room when it is exposed to dried air by radiators.
However, some have naturally sensitive skin that can react to any negative changes. Such people often face changes like dry elbows, and cracks on the heels and fingers. For them, special care is recommended, but here you can benefit from the gifts of nature, honey.
Regularly making masks with natural honey can improve the barrier functions of thin and delicate skin, and restore water and lipid exchanges; it also works in sweat and sebaceous glands. Here are some more recipes that will help get rid of existing problems:
- When find peeling the skin of the elbows, apply a mixture of honey mixed with milk twice a day, preferably after a bath or shower, when the body is cleaned. After 10 minutes, rinse with plain warm water and apply baby cream.
- For cracks on the heels regularly apply compresses made of honey and olive oil, taken in equal shares. Cover the affected area with a cotton cloth and wear socks on top, so you can do the usual household chores, and after half an hour wash it off and grease the area with a nourishing cream.
Honey As A Hair Conditioner
A rare woman can boast of healthy, strong, and shiny hair. Regular dying, inaccuracies in nutrition, and the negative impact of the environment do their dirty deed, and now the curls lose their elasticity; hair falls out, and the ends split.
Of course, one cannot do here without professional care, but experts advise combining it with popular methods, proven by time and the older generation. Regular use of honey for hair can show brilliant results and significantly improve the condition of loose strands.
Honey is good both by itself and as part of various masks. It is simple to use, just use it as a conditioner balm or as oiling on hair and leave it for 30 minutes. After that, the only thing remaining is to rinse off with warm water. Here are a few masks for dry, thin and devoid-of-shine hair that can be made easily at home:
- Mix milk and honey in equal shares in volume, which should be enough to process all the hair. Add raw egg yolk and one teaspoon of aloe juice. Mix it properly apply the mixture on the head, leave it for one hour, and then rinse off in the usual way.
- Mix honey and burdock oil in equal shares, and add one capsule of vitamins A and E one by one. Apply on the covering of hair with particular attention to the roots, and wash it off after an hour using shampoo.
Anti-Cellulite Nourishing Baths
If you are a lover of showering in a warm bath, you will certainly appreciate the special nourishing and anti-cellulite composition, which is recommended to enrich the water before bathing.
All you need to do is add two tablespoons of honey to a large mug of milk and drop a few drops of citrus fruits, an orange, lemon, or grapefruit. The exposure time is 15 minutes. At the end of the procedure, it is recommended to massage the problem areas and apply anti-cellulite cream to the skin.
As you can see, honey can support health not only from the inside but also from the outside. This is just a universal cosmetic product that can help get rid of a number of problems.
However, it must be remembered that honey is a rather allergenic product, so before using it is necessary to check the reaction of the body. If a small amount does not cause harm and does not cause allergies, then you can use the product in the indicated dosages.