Turmeric is a plant whose root is used for many health benefits and medicinal use, dating back nearly 4000 years. It is generally known as Haldi in Hindi, or Holud in Bengali, Manjal in Malayalam, Halda in Sindhi, Halad in Marathi, Lidar in Kasmiri are among other names that vary according to the region where you live.
This root is widely used to flavor traditional Indian cuisine such as curry, for example. However, it is used all over the world to give that special touch to food and also to give yellow color to different foods.
Among the properties that this root offers you are the benefits for acne, dry skin, oily skin, it also helps to reduce the signs of aging and wrinkles. It is excellent for treating stretch marks, burns, and even helps to eliminate facial hair.
It can be used both externally and internally and it is best to combine both forms to make the most of it. In this article, you will know the best that turmeric can offer for the skin.
What is turmeric?
It is one of the most common spices in oriental cuisine, especially in India. Surely you know it and used it more than once because it is a great condiment to give yellow color to a plate of rice when you do not have saffron by hand.
In India and in the rest of the world, turmeric is considered a spice with medicinal potential, simply incredible. It can aid in digestive, antioxidant, anticancer, and many other things. This small yellowish root, which is grated and used in powder, can offer you much more than you suppose.
What can turmeric do to the skin?
Although it is usually used more internally, turmeric for the skin can be excellent. Know some of the properties that your skin receives from turmeric every time you apply it.
- Good for bacteria: One of the great benefits of turmeric for the skin is that it has a great antiseptic and antibacterial capacity. Basically it could be said that it works as a cleanser and skin hygiene agent.
- Anti-acne agent: Within the properties of turmeric for the skin, it has an antibacterial function, it finds its ability to fight acne. It works very well when you break out for issues that are not digestive.
- Ideal for lightening stains: It is not for nothing that turmeric is often used for dark circles, helping to reduce them noticeably.
- Excellent natural exfoliant: Having a rough texture when in powder form, it is great to prepare exfoliants of all kinds. It even makes a good turmeric mask for wrinkles, which helps with all these functions.
- It serves for facial hair: Turmeric for facial skin is usually used when you want to remove facial hair. It can help with this problem, use in a mask, and with constant applications.
- Indicated for oily skin: It has a great ability to regulate the oiliness of the skin. Having an astringent effect helps your skin is not so greasy.
How to use turmeric on the face for glowing skin
The recipes with turmeric can help you in many ways and you will enjoy them without any problems. It is a question of reviewing the ideas that are going to be offered to you and choosing the one that is most appropriate to the problem you are experiencing in your complexion.
1. Detoxifying infusion of turmeric
Although this remedy is not to apply directly to the skin, it is an excellent option to cleanse your entire body, if included. In addition, this infusion of turmeric can be combined with ginger, another powerful ingredient to detoxify the body.
The herb like ginger can be good for the skin and you should not underestimate it. With this remedy you can help your body to eliminate all impurities, reducing the appearance of blackheads, pimples, and other skin rashes that bother you. There are also other combinations you can do to drink turmeric, for example, mix it with pepper or milk.
2. Turmeric mask for acne
The enemy of adolescents and adults, those pimples that always appear when you least expect it and make you feel uncomfortable.
They can appear due to hormonal changes, genetic, environmental, nutritional factors, and mainly if you have oily skin. Well, turmeric for acne combined with juice and egg can significantly help reduce them. Do not stop trying this mask.
3. Milk and turmeric bath
The turmeric bath can also be, one of the best options to improve the skin health it an easy, rejuvenate, soften, and leave radiant.
This bathroom in particular is very simple and does not require more than three ingredients that you can buy in any market or health food store: milk, turmeric, and chamomile flowers. Give him a chance, you will not regret it.
4. Homemade turmeric scrub
Never forget the exfoliants, they remove all the impurities of the skin and it is advisable to perform them at least once a month, depending on your skin type.
Generally in natural exfoliants ingredients such as sugar are used, which for some skins is very strong and can make skin dry, but this is different. You only need turmeric, chickpea flour, and milk. Ideal for sensitive or dry skin.
5. Turmeric trick to remove hair from the face
Another problem, mainly for women, is facial hair. It usually appears in the area of the mustache, but also in the chin.
Since it is a characteristic that is related to men, many women live in shame because they do not know how to definitively remove this hair.
Here is the solution, ideal for robust hair and which are difficult to eliminate. It includes milk, wholemeal flour, and turmeric, it is a kind of depilatory bandit that is completely natural and effective.
6. Turmeric soap to lighten the skin
The way of the time you spent in the sun, poorly made beauty products, small scars, are some of the most common reasons that cause spots on your skin.
Using turmeric soap will help you (with patience and perseverance) to recover the natural tone and disguise those uncomfortable spots. Along with the power of turmeric, you will also benefit your skin with aloe Vera, papaya, and lemon, among other ingredients.
7. Rejuvenating Turmeric Mask
After the age of 40, the skin begins to lose elasticity and then appears the first notorious wrinkles. The ideal way is to start treatment when you step into 30, to prepare your skin and that the passage of time is less informing.
There are several ways, nourishing, hydrating, protecting from the sun, performing exfoliations, among others. Masks with turmeric and other wonderful ingredients are also an excellent option, for example; one can combine yogurt, honey, and turmeric. Do not let it pass; the changes will be remarkable.
8. Turmeric anti-wrinkle cream
This is another cream that will make you notice results in a few weeks. Your skin will be smoother, hydrated, and with fewer wrinkles, of course. You need vaseline, honey, egg, and olive oil.
Melt the Vaseline in a bain-marie, then add the rest of the ingredients, stir, store the cream in a clean jar and store it in the fridge so that it takes on a new body.
Apply this cream on the entire face (or body) and leave for half an hour, then remove the remains with warm water. The ideal way is to apply it during the night; vaseline is very good for the face when you combine it with turmeric.
Other uses of turmeric
Now that you know the turmeric properties and what is it for your skin, do you want to discover some other interesting questions about turmeric? Then do not miss these recommendations, which will come to you by a thousand wonders.
- Uses in Ayurvedic medicine: If there is a medicine that marks a trend in the use of natural ingredients, it is Ayurveda. Some of the most common uses of turmeric in this are antifungal, disinfectant and antioxidant.
- Uses in the kitchen: If you want to start using this ingredient, but you do not know how here you can find many delicious recipes online that will help you learn how to use it. A curry, a bowl of simple rice, and even a salad are some of the options you will find.
Take care that this supplement turmeric must be stored properly as it might loose its aroma and flavor quickly. So it should be stored in airtight containers and kept away from sunlight and keep it in cool and dry place.