What is a sore throat? Sore throat, referred to medical professionals as “acute pharyngitis” can be caused by several different viruses and bacteria. About 70% of sore throats are caused by viruses, such as cold viruses and other upper respiratory viruses that infect the tissues of the throat.
A sore throat also is known as pharyngitis is a common disease generally caused by bacterial or viral infection. A sore throat usually resolves on its own without complications in adults, although it is important to know when to seek medical attention.
Viruses can cause sore throats and other upper respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold. A sore throat is caused by a virus that is not treated with antibiotics but can be treated with rest, analgesics, and other treatments to soothe the throat symptoms. Strep infections are a particular type of bacteria that is caused by a bacterium known as Streptococcus Group A (GAS).
Strep throat is treated with antibiotics. Viral pharyngitis is the most common virus which causes sore throat it is common viruses that cause upper respiratory infections, such as the common cold.
Symptoms And Signs Of Sore Throat:
- Musty nose or A leaky nose
- Irritation or redness
- Cough, hoarseness, or sore on the roof of the mouth
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.4 º F or 38 º C)
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- The white patches of pus on the side or back of the throat
- No cough, runny nose, or red/red eyes
- How Do You Get Sore Throat
1. Sore throats are caused by viruses (often the same viruses that cause colds or another upper respiratory tract disease) or bacteria (such as infection of the bacteria commonly called strep sore throat).
2. A sore throat may also be caused by chemicals (cigarette smoke), injury (a scratch from a piece of bone), allergy or postnasal drip, or, rarely, cancer (early cancer often presents with symptoms of pain).
3. Some medical treatments can cause sore throat (tonsils, airway management during surgery, or cancer treatment with chemotherapy or radiotherapy).
Home Remedies For Sore In Throat
1. Turmeric: One of the best remedies for cough and throat is taken with warm milk with a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of pepper. This should be taken preferably 3-4 nights continuously. Turmeric has antiseptic properties that fight bacteria and viruses that cause throat infection and irritation.
2. Ginger: Ginger has a lot of medicinal properties, therefore, it is an excellent ingredient in cough remedies throat. Pieces of ginger tea or ginger boiled in water is an effective remedy for cough sore throat. Another remedy is to mix a pinch of dry ginger powder in a tablespoon of honey. Ginger tea is a traditional remedy for sore throat in almost all cultures and is effective as well.
3. Elm bark: The dried bark of this tree when taken as tea is best to soothe a sore throat and cough. The inner bark of this tree contains mucilage, a gel-like substance that swells when mixed with water. Mucilage layers and reduces throat irritation. If taken three or four times a day give the best result.
4. Apple cider vinegar: Gargling with diluted vinegar apple cider kills the infection. You can also mix lemon juice, salt, and honey, and take it by mouth. This cures sore throat problems.
5. Honeysuckle flower: This herb’s sweet taste and smell are important in traditional Chinese medicine as a natural remedy for sore throat. Honeysuckle flowers are boiled and soaked and taken orally. You can add honey to sweeten. Drink four cups a day will help relieve a sore throat.
6. Salt and warm water: This is a universal remedy to relieve the constant sore throat. All you have to do is mix the salt with warm water until dissolved and use it to gargle. Its regular use makes the throat feel better?
7. Corn syrup: Gargling with diluted corn syrup in hot water is also very effective. It’s even safe if swallowed.
8. Basil (Tulsi): Another remedy for cough sore throat is drinking water that is boiled with holy basil leaves. Basil has bitter and spicy. However, the yields of essential oils such as eugenol methyl eugenol, carvacrol, etc that help destroy bacteria. Therefore, it is a valuable remedy for sore throat, cough.
9. Fenugreek: Boil a liter of water and put two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in it. Allow the liquid to boil for half an hour over low heat. Once the liquid has cooled, strain and their use as a gargle. Seeds of fenugreek are good body cleansers. Soothes the skin and eliminates irritation due to the medicinal virtues it possesses.
10. Honey: A teaspoon of honey with a pinch of dry ginger helps to relieve sore throat in seconds.
11. Cardamom and Cinnamon: Add the cardamom and cinnamon to the water and bring it to a boil. Gargling with water is a useful resource for throat cough. Cardamom gives a warm feeling in the throat and cinnamon oil is eugenol, which reduces the cough and sore throat.
12. Black pepper powder: Black pepper powder mixed with warm water can also be used as a gargle is an effective cure for sore throat.
13. Clove: Clove serves as one of the remedies for sore throat, cough. Chewing a clove of garlic with the salt slightly. This relieves cough and sore throat relief.
14. Licorice root: Licorice is also used as herbal tea and is an effective remedy for sore throat. However, it should not be used by people with high blood pressure, heart, kidney, or liver disease, pregnant or nursing women, or people being treated with diuretics and blood pressure medications.
15. Onion: Finely chopped onion is placed in a sealed container with a little sugar. The juices released by the onion are then taken by mouth to clear the throat.
16. Marshmallow: The root of this herb has been used for centuries as a remedy for sore throat home. It is also taken as herbal tea and helps in relieving sore throat. However, diabetics or those taking insulin injections should be careful because it can cause blood sugar.
17. Pasta: Gradually pasta consumed slowly can relieve throat irritation reduction. Because the benefits of honey several times is an important ingredient in many cough syrups, mixtures, and expectorants.
Although sore throat is a common disease, with over-the-counter syrups with home remedies for this condition have become the treatment of choice they have the power to heal even the most severe forms of sore throat. But if sore throat continues for more than a week it is best to consult your doctor.