What is Fever? An elevation of body temperature is called a Fever. Its a mechanism of protecting the body against infection. The temperature increase that happens when our immune system is fighting against micro-organisms and viruses that can damage our body.
Fever is particularly our powerful weapon to fight against virus or disease. Generally, person body temperature ranges from 97 to 99 degrees Fahrenheit, however, it changes throughout the day. It is normally lower in the daybreak and higher in the afternoon.
Fever is generally defined to a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. One should only concern whenever the temperature goes up above 102 degrees in children and 103 Fahrenheit for one adult. The high temperature is beneficial to the body, as the body immune system, acts to destroy harmful microbes. Body simulates to create more immune cells at 103 degrees Fahrenheit in the adult.
A fever above 104 or higher may risk a person with heart troubles since heart beat faster and makes your heart work harder, in addition, it can cause irregular rhythms, such as heart attack or chest pain. A person having a fever over 106 degrees for an extended period of time, can cause dehydration and brain damage.
Although there is high body temperature when we exercise, the muscles generate heat faster but cause a temporary increase in temperature and regain in a short time.
Symptoms Of Fever
The following are the signs that indicate the presence of this ailment:
- High temperature
- Burning eyes
- Loss of appetite
- Coated tongue
- The excessive production of saliva
- The feeling of heaviness and nausea
Cause of Fever
Fever is caused due to the aggravation of doshas in our body. Fever may occur as a result of infection due to external injury, insect bite, food poisoning, and other bacterial fungi. Keep in mind that fever can also be a symptom of many diseases such as malaria, tuberculosis, measles bronchitis, pleurisy, jaundice or even flu.
Home Remedy for Fever
- Natural remedy to cure sweating fever is highly recommended in treating fever and it always works great. You do not have to do anything special. Just take a warm blanket and sleep at night. You will feel hot and sweat. Do not remove the blanket, even if the sweat. Let the sweat from the body as much as you do. You may have to take a couple of glasses of water overnight. You will find that the body temperature drops to normal in the morning and the fever is gone. This remedy works because the sweat removes toxins within the body. The more you sweat, the faster the cure.
- Take eight to nine leaves of Tulsi (basil, Ocimum sanctum) and three to four pepper grain.mix both and eat it. Both plants tulsi and pepper have good properties to reduce fever.
- Another useful tip for healing is a fever, make black tea, add two teaspoons of powdered ginger, half teaspoon of cinnamon bark, cardamom. Boil this well and drink this tea. This is the best decoction to fight fevers.
- Cut the potato into 6 or 7 slices and dip these slices in the vinegar for about 10 minutes. Place this dip slices on the forehead and place the towel on top. Make sure a person’s position is sleep during this treatment. You will obtain a result in about 20 minutes. This is one of the effective fever remedies.
- Crush 2 cloves with small garlic, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply the mixture to the sole of each foot, remember to wrap the foot with a plastic. Leave it for one hour after feeling the fever is gone remove it. Garlic penetrates the skin and has the quality to destroy what ever bacteria or viral infections of the body.
- In a bowl, mix about four or five capfuls of vinegar with two cups of warm water. Dip a cloth or towel apply to the entire lower leg. You will see changes in the fever at some point.
- Eating a teaspoon amount of choorna Triphala at night before bedtime is best. This choorna has good antipyretic to fight the fever.
- Take 10 grams (one tablespoon) raisins and 10 grams (one tablespoon) of fresh ginger. Pieces and in 200 ml. water for one hour. Boil until the water decoration is reduced to 50 ml. Strain and drink while hot.
- Lie on your bed, take some potatoes peeled and cut into slices, you can put on the head on the stomach and chest, where ever else you want, this resource will definitely help in reducing the temperature.
- Take a teaspoon of honey. Add that in two or three drops of ginger juice. Drink this juice. This will help the fever to quickly resolved.
How to Reduce Fever
- Drink water or fruit juice as much as possible in order to replace lost fluids. It will also help to reduce body temperature.
- Get as much rest as possible.
- Avoid sudden changes in atmospheric temperatures.
- Avoid fried foods until the fever is gone. You can replace diet by drinking plenty of distilled water or juice.
- When you have a fever, do not take any supplements containing iron or zinc. Taking iron may cause great tension in a body that fight infection, and zinc is not absorbed by the body when there is a fever.
- Take cold baths, fill a bathtub, plunge and sit for about 5 minutes. Repeat as necessary until the fever has gone down.
- If the fever does not exceed 102 degrees let the course naturally. The body will fight infection and eliminate toxins.
- When a child has a fever not given aspirin, instead of trying to reduce fever with cold baths.